[Rhodes22-list] Fall Haul?

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Mon Jul 10 11:42:13 EDT 2006

Rummy,

I prefer your solution.

Everyone has qualms about drinking from the R-22 water system because
they put stuff into it they don't trust.

My home water is chlorinated.  There's nothing growing in it when I put
it into my tank.  I keep the water circulating through the system
without air bubbles except in the main tank, year round.  I don't have
any problems drinking with it (or using it to clean dishes--what's the
difference, exactly?).  It's a piece of plastic just like the jugs and
bottles people drink out of.  By keeping my slightly chlorinated water
circulating throughout the system year round, I keep killing anything
that might get into the system.

I've never had any problems with it, and no one on board has ever gotten
sick from the water.

I think when people "winterize" their systems they stop the water from
flowing, and they stop putting new water into the system.  Come Spring
they can no longer trust the sterility of the system, they can only say
it didn't freeze.  I take canned soda out of my boat in the winter.  It
will freeze and burst the cans.  Our systems aren't that rigid, and the
expanding water has some place to go.

Bill Effros