[Rhodes22-list] Fall Haul?

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 10 12:24:32 EDT 2006

Bill,

I haven't heard of anyone treating tank with toxic chemicals. The reason
people have qualms is because of bacteria and off flavor. The tank is hard
to clean! . Unless you keep the tank full the little bit of chlorine doesn't
solve the problem. The area above water line can grow some nastiness.

One of these days am going to add an inspection port to my water tank. After
draining you could spray bleach/water solution all over the bottom, sides
and top of the insides. Then let air dry.

I never fill the tank up with 15 gallons. I don't use the water fast enough.
I fill half full or less. This forces me to add water more often. Before I
add water I always add bleach solution first and run dry. I have a self
priming pump so it doesn't mind running dry. I then add water and run out
any remaining bleach solution.

I cook and clean with tank water. I drink filtered water at home and do the
same on boat. We freeze filtered water in plastic jugs. We use for ice and
drink as it melts. This tastes much better!

Wally