[Rhodes22-list] Fall Haul?

Rory Orkin roryorkin at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 11 12:07:59 EDT 2006

Well I just got the boat this year so I have not really thought about it too
much yet..
Also.. My boat is moored at a dock on my property.. The water is too rough
to not have it on a lift there.. So the issue is do I want to leave it on
the lift all winter.. As I have a trailer, and a boat ramp about 1/2 mile
away, I will probably put it back on the trailer, lower the mast ( give me a
chance to inspect all the standing rigging etc.) and tarp and store it on my
property. I am guessing you would have to use a travel lift and store on
blocks at the marina. You might want to think about a short sail over here.
I would be surprised if Knaps Narrows Marina or Sevein Marine are as fussy
about the times. You may not  save much money but may eliminate the
scheduling issue. Sevein Marine is small and rather laid back..Oriented to
locals and watermen.  Knapps Narrows is more pleasure boat oriented and has
lots of sail boats.. If you need more info let me know.
                                         Rory