[Rhodes22-list] TSgt John M. Rohde & and used Rhodes 22's for sale

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 12 08:36:06 EDT 2006

Yes the R22 would meet your needs. You can launch and rig single handed. Was
the Mac one of the new motor.sailors (26x?) or one of the older 26s or 26Ds?
The older ones are better sailors because they were not designed to motor at
25 MPH.

Keep in mind draft specs don't usually include depth of rudder. I am
guessing n the all down position both rudders would hit at 2 feet but you
should be able to clear by raising a little. I know the new Macs have very
poor steerage with CB up. The r22 handles just fine. I would guess in
heavier rougher seas the R22 would have a much more comfortable motion. The
R22 rig is much stouter and more suited for 12 miles off shore than a Mac.

Good luck!

Wally