[Rhodes22-list] racing rhodes

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 12 12:07:09 EDT 2006

Peter,

I agree the 278 PHRF is generous. I always raced solo and still competed
well at 270. With crew I am sure I could have given the first and second
place boats a run for the money! There is a guy that can sail the heck out
of his Seafarer 23. I have a chance in light winds but anything over 10 I
see his stern. By the way Philip's boy Bodie Rhodes was co-designer of the
Seafarer 23, no shame in losing to a Rhodes boat.

>From what I remember Roger's PHRF with mast crane, battened main with extra
roach, 150 genny(not 155) was 243. He did quite well at this rating.

Fair winds,

Wally