[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Wally about trailer and ship

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Jul 19 05:40:36 EDT 2006

Wally:
     I was impressed with the looks of Bruce's yacht.  More so when you see
it is an older boat with the famous captain's chairs.  Bruce, since you have
it on the trailer, bring it down to where the warm winds blow.
     When I saw the pictures, my first thought it was top heavy and unsafe.
It would take more than water ballast to keep that boat upright in a blow.
If it does use water ballast, maybe the valves were open and the water
shifted.  Just like what happens in a water ballast sailboat.
      Again, three cheers for Bruce's boat.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA