[Rhodes22-list] New Guy

iweb86 at aol.com iweb86 at aol.com
Thu Jul 20 01:21:13 EDT 2006

John,

Howdy, Boy I thought my Continental was old. It is a 1972.

I have had it about six years and probably could have bought ot for the price you paid. I have had to do quite a bit to it including a little repair to the keel area.

I have since painted it with Interrlux Toplac. The trailer had to be repaired as well prior to moving it. Since I have also replaced the springs. I need to go over it again soon for it had developed a bit of rust. I sail on the coast of Maines so it get salty.

Mine had an opening in the bottom in laserette for the motor. The design had it so the engine was always in the water. We have since taken that out and covered up the hole. THe engine is now on the stern of the boat.  Do you have this design or can you tell if it may have.

Well I can go on forever on the changes I have made, sailing it is great.

One thing I did notice is that mine also has ports under the rub rail. These are in the vberth. I notice that your has a cowl at the bow.

Well enjoy and if I get down to FL maybe we can get together I would love to see your boat.

Scott
S/V Pleiades