[Rhodes22-list] Political: How California liberals treat a warhero

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Thu Jul 20 17:08:16 EDT 2006

OK, NOW I'm going to throw you for a loop:

I agree with the schools' positions on this one.

This is not about disrespecting or respecting the military, or the uniform. It's about High School Graduation ceremonies. As the gunny said in the Pataluma case:

""The high school graduation is the high school's graduation. It's not our event. If the appropriate attire for the event is a cap and gown, then he'll be wearing a cap and gown."

I respect the military, and believe that they've gotten the short end of the respect stick way too long. However, in this case, the "respect" issue involved is respecting the traditions and ceremonies of the High School(s) involved.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
1976 O'Day 25
Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
1971 Coronado 35
Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> DCLewis1 at aol.com 7/20/2006 2:26:36 pm >>>

In a message dated 7/19/2006 11:34:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,