[Rhodes22-list] Smart Pins--- Make your own

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Jul 21 08:51:27 EDT 2006

In a message dated 7/21/2006 7:25:01 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pthorn at nc.rr.com writes:

http://hometown.aol.com/gross991/Catalina22scarpins.html

PT,
After reading the article on making your own, one thought I had was to take
a small section of the end piece you cut off (3/16 ought to do) and run it
through the head. Then I would place a dab of hot glue on the whole thing to
keep it in place. Just a thought. The scarpins that Layline sells have a large
head which prevents them from pulling through the velcro. Or, instead of using
 cotter pins, why not get some stainless nails with a head and use them?

Rummy