[Rhodes22-list] FW: Rotting Wood supporting the Cabin Sole

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sat Jul 22 10:02:09 EDT 2006

Mark,
Welcome to the list. Your problem has been dealt with in the past as Ed has
suggested, but I have a couple of questions. The sole of the R22 is made with
marine grade plywood. This product is all but indestructible and will handle
almost anything us owners will throw at it. If you could post a couple of
pictures with an accurate description of your problem and needs, we might be
able to help you with an easy fix.
Several owners have tried everything from treated plywood to underlayment,
but the only wood to use is marine grade plywood. It is made the same as
regular  plywood, but the glues are designed to withstand constant temperature
changes  and moisture levels.
Unless your cockpit was submerged in water for a lengthy period, I find it
hard to believe that the stringers have rotted.
Hope this helps.

Rummy