[Rhodes22-list] Time to Tack

mputnam1 at aol.com mputnam1 at aol.com
Tue Jul 25 10:55:03 EDT 2006

Kathy,

I'm just curious -- would you move into a new neighborhood, go to the local tavern a couple times and then tell the locals that they're talking about all the wrong things and that they should just stick to local concerns?

I don't mean to sound gruff, and while I don't usually partake in the off-sailing subject matter, I respect that most of these folks have been here far longer than I and that they're the reason the list even exists ... and if talking about all sorts of subject matter KEEPS them here so they'll answer my sailing questions, I'm all for it.

Methinks one should establish oneself as regular before telling the other regulars what they should and shouldn't do on an email list that they created.

I'll wager I'm not the only person you'll hear from on this matter ...

Respectfully submitted,

- Mark P.