[Rhodes22-list] Time to Tack

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Tue Jul 25 16:34:53 EDT 2006

Kathy,

I am a new subscriber to this list.  I subscribed on June 11, 2006 and have
found the membership to be very helpful in every aspect of the R22.  As a
long time owner of an R22, I love to hear from these (new) R22 owners,
including their jokes and pokes.  They are a truly interesting group that
shares one overwhelming obsession, a love of sailing, especially an R22.

I am so sorry that they are not what you had in mind.  I am sure that
limiting the free exchange of ideas on this list would make it dry up and
blow away fairly quickly.  It is the richness and diversity of the community
that keeps it fun to read.

I agree with most who have asked that you filter your R22 list email,
removing all jokes and political pieces, although I think that the result
would appear too dry (all puns are intended).

Might I add one further observation?  Could you please change your subject
line to "Time to Tack - Politics" since it really does not concern sailing
per se but rather the politics of the list management.

Hopefully, you will stay with the group, email filtered or otherwise, so
that you may enjoy the full life of owning an R22 and sailing with the
finest and strangest group of sailors the sea has known.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer

From: <kathylong at comcast.net>

> I recently subscribed to this list looking forward to hearing about other
Rhodes owners experiences sailing and how they are enjoying their Rhodes22.
I appreciate the response to the question I posed recently about the Rhodes.
Everyone on this list is friendly and helpful.  My husband and I are looking
forward to our first sail on a Rhodes (courtesy of Jay F.  ) next week.
> I am suggesting that this list be limited to topics related to friendly
exchanges and conversations about boats, water, wind, and everything else
about having fun sailing the Rhodes 22.  There are lots of blogs and groups
on the web to discuss specific topics from a to z - including politics and
the war in the middle east.  It is best to keep this blog focused on
sailing.  If the list looses its focus, new people will be confused or
turned-off - and then just tune-out.