[Rhodes22-list] Semi-sailing question - public tranportation suggestions for Long Island

Julie Thorndycraft julie at circle7.net
Tue Jul 25 22:51:17 EDT 2006

Since Dan and I sold Blue Loon we have been relying on OPB (other people's boats). We have an invitation to join friends who have been sailing Rhode Island and NE for the summer. They anticipate being at Port Washington on Long Island when we arrive at JFK on 8/4. They want to take us to Oyster Bay for the weekend. Could anyone who is familiar with the public transportation system on Long Island provide suggestions on the best method of public transportation from JFK to Port Washington?

Thank you in advance,

Julie
Currently without boat