[Rhodes22-list] Right-of-Way

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Wed Jul 26 23:39:50 EDT 2006

I'm curious too. Commercial fishing vessels are stand on over sail boats, when they're engaged in fishing. ANY boat (commercial or other) limited in their ability to manuever and in a channel is stand on over a sailing boat as well. But I believe that the blanket statement that all commercial vessels have the right-of-way over any sailing vessel is incorrect.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
1976 O'Day 25
Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
1971 Coronado 35
Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> Tatflies at cs.com 7/26/2006 10:29:26 pm >>>
Bill,

Why do commercial vessels have the right-of-way over any sailing vessel
(unless limited in their ability to manuever)?

Tom T.