[Rhodes22-list] Right-of-Way

Michael Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Thu Jul 27 09:02:29 EDT 2006

Fishing: Short handed crews that are running their boats on autopilot and
the have no respect for the reconconational boaters.

The racing sailboats: the define the whole sound as their course and will
always claim stand on, spotting the course can be fun

100+ton barges on tows: their will just plow ahead at 6 knots

ferries: the high speed one are 40+ knots any like straight lines

slow ferries: they are also 100+ tons and like straight lines, at speed it
take them a while to turn and they can not see small boat up close(shaded by
the hull)

freighter and curse ships: the just big. I mean real big

the rule of the road: if after hitting you I can fix my damage for 1 gallon
of paint it cheaper than spending 3 gallons of fuel to avoid every boat