[Rhodes22-list] sailing and lightning

William E. Wickman wewickman at duke-energy.com
Mon Jul 31 15:26:44 EDT 2006

Very true.  But I've seen thunderstorms explode out of nowhere, as this one did. You do everythng you can reasonably do to minimize risks, but you can never eliminate them entirely other than not going out at all, am I'm not willing to do that.

I do covet the weather GPS, but at $1,000 for the unit and around $30/mo for the service it just isn't in the budget right now.  Unless I can justify it as "safety" equipment.  My wife was with me that evening.  Maybe I should take her out in a couple more storms and she'll give me the green light to get one!   (I'm just kidding, of course)

Bill Wickman