[Rhodes22-list] sailing and lightning

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 16:02:40 EDT 2006

Bud,

The answer to your question is no.  The latest addition of Aviation Consumer
rated the Garmin 396 as product of the year.  I spent Saturday afternoon
bobbing and weaving through thunderstorms over West Texas.  We have so
called 'state of the art' weather radar, but any Joe Smuckatelli can get
better real time info for about 3K.  I'm in the market for a small airplane
after doing this for a living for 32 years.  The leap in technology is
amazing.

Brad