[Rhodes22-list] Cabin Wiring Question

Jay Friedland jsail1 at verizon.net
Thu Jun 1 07:32:05 EDT 2006

List-
I'm not sure if this has been covered before, but I'm adding an
anchor light on the mast and would like to know the wiring path from
mast step to circuit panel. Currently, all wiring bundles  exit from
behind the icebox up to the panel located to starboard just inside
the companionway. I've taken some trim off over the head and checked
near the water tank, but haven't easily spotted anything yet.

If different vintages have alternate paths, mine is '97, two battery
system. Also, the mast step is crowded with 12 and 14 g. wire as I
have a steaming light/deck combo, windex light plus the coax from vhf
antenna. I'm trying to combine all leads in the mast to minimize the
crowding, but any tips on handling this junction and recommended
connectors (currently have a 4- terminal connector) would be
appreciated.

One last question is what is the typical wiring path of the cabin-top
mounted solar panels?

Jay