[Rhodes22-list] Ed's three part stay cover system

mputnam1 at aol.com mputnam1 at aol.com
Sun Jun 4 00:38:34 EDT 2006

Ed,

Regarding your shroud covers ... maybe I missed an earlier email where you got into more detail, but while I'm intrigued by your system to protect the Genoa, I'm confused by several things:

1) You said in another email that "on my stay covers each part turns independently of the other and turns freely."  What does this mean?  How did you construct these, or are they just three different diameters of tubing stacked freely on top of each other?  What are the measurements/dimensions, if you don't mind me asking ... and how are they connected, if at all?  For that matter, why do you need three different diameters?

2) You refer to them as "teflon tubes" ... but they look like PVC to me ... or maybe PVC is teflon (which would be news to me, I assumed PVC was plastic, but have never had any reason to learn otherwise).  Where do you purchase such tubing?  Home Depot?  And do I need to have someone cut the tubing for me?  Or are these standard lengths?

Thanks in advance, Ed ... again, I am intrigued by your system and want to install it on my Rhodes if I can learn a little more specifically how to do it.

- Mark Putnam

P.S. I know you posted this awhile ago, but I'm only now able to take the time to look into this and ask questions.  Thanks.