[Rhodes22-list] Politics: How's It Going?

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Sun Jun 4 19:22:09 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/4/2006 1:12:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
flybrad at yahoo.com writes:

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200606/04/Infidel01.bin

Brad,

Regarding your comment “welcome to the long war” - you may be right.   Dim
leadership can go a long way towards creating an intractable situation, and
that certainly typifies the Iraq situation.  But no one does the US, and
especially the troops who directly bear the burden, a favor by putting them, or
keeping them,  in an intractable  loosing  situation.  If  you don't have a
credible win plan and time table, that grunt on the ground  taking fire is in a
loosing situation - it's just a matter of time until he  becomes a statistic.

Murtha's point is that there is, and has been, no credible win plan  and time
table.

Declare victory and bring the troops home.  Saddam's gone, we have  satisfied
ourselves that there are no WMD, mission accomplished.  Turn Iraq  back to
the Iraqi's and climb out of that cesspool.

If Bush doesn't do it, I'd bet his successor has us out of there in 2  years.
 Just watch.

Dave