[Rhodes22-list] Canadian Jihadists.

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Tue Jun 6 11:36:44 EDT 2006

Rummey,

I’m with you.

After reading your post I went back and checked my facts.  The  story  about
the 17 Canadians and related Americans was not in the  Washington Post, it was
 in the Wall Street Journal, Mon, Jun 5 06, pg A5,  far left hand column.  My
cite was from the 7th paragraph but the story  discusses the Americans at
some length.  It's not clear to me whether the  Americans are citizens, resident
aliens, or what;  they resided  in Georgia, not North Carolina.  One theme in
the article was that  US, Canadian, and UK  intell are working together -
which I thought  was positive.

Regarding the would-be terrorists being too young to have a legitimate
gripe: in a way that’s too bad.  I hope they don’t get a free pass because  they
are “too young” - they probably would in the US.  But  really, I don’t think
there is any jihadist out there that has a legitimate  gripe that warrants
killing innocent people.  The whole jihad thing is  irrational - which, in my
view, is why it's  religion based.

If these terrorists would just go sailing it might clear their heads and  they
’d find life was good after all.

Dave