[Rhodes22-list] Bilge Pumps

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Wed Jun 7 12:03:25 EDT 2006

I keep a small hand operated bilge pump in the compartment under the
settee seat.  10 pumps into the sink and the bilge is empty.  There is
always a little water in the bilge for one reason or another, it can get
there from many places.  It rarely comes from the water you are floating in.

I think toy bilge pumps that will fit in our bilge are a joke.  They
don't have the capacity to deal with serious leaks, and will drain the
battery trying.
There has never been an R-22 sunk for want of an automatic bilge pump.

Bill Effros

There has never been an