[Rhodes22-list] Bilge Pumps

Rob Lowe rlowe at vt.edu
Wed Jun 7 12:31:51 EDT 2006

Tom,
this has been covered in detail in the past, but don't fret, the same
questions come up from time to time.  I have a "toy" bilge pump (I like that
description Bill) and they won't pump the bilge dry nor will they help you
with a serious leak.  Rummy will tell you a sponge works just fine.  Any
more than a sponge or Bill's hand pump and you need to do some leak
investigation.  A little water is not going to hurt you anyway, it is a
bilge! - Rob