[Rhodes22-list] Solar Panels

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Mon Jun 12 17:49:27 EDT 2006

I have two solar panels that charge my two batteries.  Somehow (?) one of
the panels got badly scratched and it appears that it may have interfered
with the circuitry.  My charge indicator light, which is usually glowing
green when the boat's in the sun now only glows orange or red indicating
it's not charging.  So it seems I'll have to replace it.

I looked at the ones at WM and they come in a variety of sizes and output.
Can anyone please explain this to me as if I were a small child?  I'm new to
this technology and I want to get the right
amperage...voltage...ohmage...whatever it is.

Thank you,

Slim