[Rhodes22-list] Solar Panels

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Mon Jun 12 23:33:01 EDT 2006

Rummy, Clay, Art, Bud,

Thanks for your help!  I only use the batteries for the lights and the VHF
so maybe I don't need both panels.  The other night we sailed way into the
wee hours and seemed to have plenty juice for the lights.  But if I replace
it, I want it to match the other one--the ones at WM are not the same.

I don't know if one panel charges one bat and the other charges the other
bat.  I don't know if they're in series, parallel or separate.  What am I
looking for here?  How do I check the output of the panel?  Do I look for
voltage?  Amps?  Sorry so dumb.  Should I take a picture and measure the
dimensions and then contact Stan?  I don't know how to measure the current I
use or the current generated by the panels.  I have a meter but I only know
how to use it for checking the continuity (ohms?) of microphone chords.  But
I'm pretty good with a soldering gun--does that help?   8-)

Slim