[Rhodes22-list] Funny I should ask --

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 14:32:26 EDT 2006

I gave it a try on Sunday afternoon in LIS.  Had the side to the water in
sustained broad reach under partial sail...  a blast.  My inexperience in
maneuvering showed in coming about, but was able to do controlled jibes.

Had a tough time docking, as the coupling that links the motor to the tiller
let loose at a bad moment.  (For the other new guys that got this feature --
check the connections regularly -- I sure will be doing that in the
future!)  Amazing what happens to a bow light when it absorbs the impact of
the bow pulpit against a piling -- just two wires left.  But what's
impressive is the strength of the bow pulpit in absorbing a pretty heavy
hit.

Dave B.

On 6/12/06, cjlowe <cjlowe at bright.net> wrote:

> Who went sailing this weekend?