[Rhodes22-list] Funny I should ask --sounds like Lake Hartwell

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Jun 13 20:02:17 EDT 2006

      That weather report sounded like Lake Hartwell on early Sunday
afternoon, but it came and went quickly.  One minute you had 12 Knots and
the next you had 24.  A Cal 25 came up and asked me if it was supposed to be
heavy weather.  He pulled into a cove and went from Genoa to jib.  Then
raced off toward the dam.  I just followed Bill Effros's style and reduced
main and genoa in a balanced fashion.
       Recently we have had people commenting on sail shape with a reduced
175 Genoa.  Maybe my boat has extra long tracks.  With the sail outside and
moving the block to different locations the sail in my opinion maintained an
appropriate shape and handled those gust just fine.  At times the sound
effects were interesting.  Hearing the wind whistle accross the rigging
during the gusts.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA