[Rhodes22-list] Old Rhodes 22 owner - fiberglass repair question

R22MikeW mweisner at ebsmed.com
Tue Jun 13 21:36:39 EDT 2006

Lou,

Thanks for the info.  My floor is not completely delaminated, in fact I have
been told that it has "separated", not delaminated.  The top layer
(including the gel coat) has separated from the structural layer due to rain
water intrusion resulting from small gel coat cracks and the loss of the
rear table base.  I have secured new table bases from DyerRV and have
supported the forward portion of the cockpit floor from below.  I am now
faced with the cosmetics.  I was attempting to salvage the existing floor
finish.  If the repair is not acceptable, I will sand down the gel coat and
replace with an alternative finish.

We sail LIS out of Kings Park, mooring in the Nissequogue River.

Thanks for the Don Casey reference.  I have ordered a copy.

When do you think that your "project" will be seaworthy?

Mike