[Rhodes22-list] Old Rhodes 22 owner

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at MAIL.nyu.edu
Thu Jun 15 11:54:37 EDT 2006

  Mike,

  Sounds like you know what you are doing.

  I was flat on my stomach in my bilge yesterday carefully trying to
install two pieces of  dark wood grained formica covering the cockpit
foam which would be visible from my cabin.  On my boat the cockpit
liner at the lazarette is separated, but I do not see an issue with
that other than cosmetics.  My lazarette seems to be in very good
shape, but just needs a bit of work on the hatch.
My plan is to begin installing the remaining 3 new Beckson portlights
tomorrow and then finish wiring the boat.  That will take at least a
month.  In that period I hope to have started
prepping my deck for a new paint job, buying a new  bow pulpit and
installing it, (Tops in Quality.com) then I begin rigging and final
preps for launch.
If  the Powers that Be allow me, it looks like Labor Day or just before.

good luck with your boat too
  Lou

>Lou,
>
>Thanks for the info.  My floor is not completely delaminated, in fact I have
>been told that it has "separated", not delaminated.  The top layer
>(including the gel coat) has separated from the structural layer due to rain
>water intrusion resulting from small gel coat cracks and the loss of the
>rear table base.  I have secured new table bases from DyerRV and have
>supported the forward portion of the cockpit floor from below.  I am now
>faced with the cosmetics.  I was attempting to salvage the existing floor
>finish.  If the repair is not acceptable, I will sand down the gel coat and
>replace with an alternative finish.
>
>We sail LIS out of Kings Park, mooring in the Nissequogue River.
>
>Thanks for the Don Casey reference.  I have ordered a copy.
>
>When do you think that your "project" will be seaworthy?
>
>Mike
>--
>Sent from the Rhodes22 forum at Nabble.com.

  Do you believe the 9/11 Commission's findings or are you in the 49%
of  New Yorkers who don't believe the report and want another
investigation?

  ASK QUESTIONS / DEMAND ANSWERS
  visit any one of these sites for more information.
  http://www.reopen911.org/

  http://www.loosechange911.com

    http://scholarsfor911truth.org

            http://911truth.org