[Rhodes22-list] "new" rhodes owner

bobmellor rhmello at aol.com
Thu Jun 15 00:01:59 EDT 2006

i am now the proud owner of a '80 rhodes22 (buyers fee will be going to
stan.)

and now the first of what will likley be many questions for the group.....

1.  MOTOR - first and most important.... many references in archives...

a.  Brand - I will be getting a new motor this weekend. 9.8-9.9 four
stroke.....  tohatsu or mercury?  archives show a loyal tohatsu following.
My concern would be the scarcity of listed service locations as opposed to
mercury?

b.  Shaft - references to "long" but which.... 20?, 25?

2.  PORTS

first project is leaky forward opening ports.  I removed one last weekend,
and while researching replace vs repair, i see that the angle is too steep
for drained ports.  What about drilling a hole or two in the bottom, put in
a tube fitting and running tubing in back of the liner down to another
fitting that takes it back outside to drain?  Did anybody ever try that?

appreciate any and all help....

bob mellor
bethlehem, pa