[Rhodes22-list] R22 Remote control linked outboard; Reply to David

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sat Jun 17 12:16:05 EDT 2006

David,
Sorry, but I have the basic setup with no remote controls on anything. I'm  a
firm believer in the KISS system (Keep It Simple Stupid) and I know that
anything that can break or go wrong will at the least opportune moment. I know
those are the kind of toys or necessary equipment many sailors strive for, but
it's not for me. I have the basic 8 HP Tohatsu. No electric start or charging
 coil. I always tie the motor off to something just in case I drop it, but I
have  installed and removed it many times by myself. It's so easy to start
that my  wife can even do it which is important for those occasions when I'm
incapable of  handling the boat myself. (Translation- really drunk)

Rummy