[Rhodes22-list] R22 Remote control linked outboard; Reply to David

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Sat Jun 17 12:46:03 EDT 2006

Dave,

I saw your message about remote controls and Ed, Rummey, and Bill’s
response.  FWIW, I’ve got a Yamaha with what you may be referring to and I  can’t
imagine why other OB motors couldn’t be remoted in the same way (although
perhaps not with exactly the same Yamaha remote).  On our boat the  kill switch,
throttle, and gear shifter are set on top of the tiller and the  entire assembly
is screwed on to the top of the tiller at the back.  I  assume that “remote
control assembly” is made by Yamaha (I recall seeing  pictures of it in the
operators manual).  I would expect that other  vendors (e.g. Tohatsu as per Bill
and Ed)  probably have similar remotes -  if they do, buy one with your new
motor, screw it on and you're good  to go.

On the other hand, maybe I've misunderstood your question, is your  question
whether you can use the Yamaha remote you have on a Tohatsu, or other  engine?
 That might be harder.

DaveL