[Rhodes22-list] R22 Cockpit floor treatment on Fretless

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Mon Jun 19 14:56:17 EDT 2006

Mary Lou,

I was looking at the photos that you provided for the outboard control
locations and noticed the blue floor of your cockpit.  It looks great!

As you might have heard, I am in the process of repairing flaws and cracks
in the cockpit floor of my 1981 Rhodes.  I am concerned with the finish once
the structure has been repaired.  We have considered several alternatives to
the original white gel coat, especially since I am not sure that my skills
in gel coat repair are adequate.  We have considered various forms of wood
(teak) and I/O carpet products if we cannot properly repair the gel coat.

Is your floor treatment original or did you apply it?  What material is
applied?  Is it a non-skid surface?

Mike
Shanghai'd Summer