[Rhodes22-list] R22 Cockpit floor treatment on Fretless

Mary Lou Troy mltroy at verizon.net
Mon Jun 19 15:13:53 EDT 2006

Mike,
Fretless's cockpit floor is the original blue gelcoat. The hull was once
this color too. Stan evidently did a few boats in this blue gel coat in the
late 80s or early 90s. It evidently faded badly because he was quite
insistent that we would want her repainted - we bought her sight unseen. We
were really looking for a white boat so when Stan offered to repaint her
white we said sure but there ensued quite series of email messages while we
tried to determine what to do about the blue floor and exactly what color
blue it was - this was before the days of an easy digital photo. We finally
decided to leave it, fearing that if we painted it, it wouldn't hold up
well. We've since decided we really like it. It's very easy on the eyes but
not much hotter underfoot than white. The blue cushions look good against
it too. BTW - we did replace that old pine board holding the motor controls
with a nicer piece of mahogany.

Mary Lou