[Rhodes22-list] Joke

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 21 10:44:39 EDT 2006

Miss Beatrice, the church organist, was in her
eighties. She was admired for her sweetness and
kindness to all. One afternoon the pastor came to call
on her and she showed him into her quaint sitting
room. She invited him to have a seat while she
prepared tea.

As he sat facing her old Hammond organ, the young
minister noticed a cut-glass bowl sitting on top of
it. The bowl was filled with water, and in the water
floated, of all things, a condom! When she returned
with tea and  scones, they began to chat.

The pastor tried to stifle his curiosity about the
bowl of water and its strange floater, but soon it got
the better of him and He could no longer resist. "Miss
Beatrice", he said, "I wonder if you would tell me
about this?" pointing to the bowl.

"Oh, yes," she replied, "Isn't it wonderful? I was
walking through the Park a few months ago and I found
this little package on the ground. The directions said
to place it on the organ, keep it wet and that it
would prevent the spread of disease. Do you know I
haven't had the flu all winter?"