[Rhodes22-list] Muskie on steroids - for you fisherpeople

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Wed Jun 21 15:24:42 EDT 2006

These pix came a while back from a friend in Oklahoma who
sails on Broken Bow Lake.  The talk about Nantucket sleigh
rides made me think of it.  How'd you like to tie into one
of these from a kayak?

When I was a boy in Pennsylvania, we'd occasionally see
one of these critters in a tributary stream off the
Susquehanna, but they only got to 4-5 feet there.  But
the teeth on these "little" fish were still damned
impressive when we speared one.  Not good eating, though.
We sold them to a local mink farm.  People were still
wearing fur coats then.

/Robert Skinner

Just got this note about our local swimming hole and
have to share with my non-Okie friends.  This is why
people just disappear (from the lake).  And yes;
this is for real.
/SAW