[Rhodes22-list] Autopilot

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 22 20:12:36 EDT 2006

Bill,

Your planning and trip are totally fascinating.  I can't wait to read the full account.  Did you encounter and 'northers' enroute, or were you able to plan around such wind conditions.  I understand that the wind, coupled with the gulf stream current direction can be treacherous.  Were these some of the horror stories you dealt with?

I really respect your priorities toward the next generation, and Jim's as well.  Sailing, perhaps more than any other endeavor, teaches the kids responsibility and adventure at the peak of excitement.  I have supported the Sea Scouts for that reason, a natural venue for sailing.  I wonder how many of us have identified with this next generation of sailors, competitors, Rhoadies, and citizens.

Thanks for any and all of your sharing, Bill.

Art