[Rhodes22-list] Technology Woes

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 21:27:59 EDT 2006

This has been a frustrating week for technology.  The winds on the lake
Sunday were awsome but a line of thunderstorms passed through and fried the
eithernet card on the desktop.  I spent an hour on the phone with BellSouth
Sunday night and couldn't understand but every third word.  Out of
frustration I asked the tech rep if they had an Indian or Chinese
available.  That got me a supervisor that I couldn't understand
either. Worse, he kept coughing in my ear.  Finally we got the modem reset
and the laptops running and today got the desktop up as well.  Yahoo is
another issue.

We had Fan's boss over for dinner the other night and I played this mp3 for
him.  Her department, Operations Research, looks like the UN with a mixture
of everything.  He's Indian, not the bow-and-arrow type, and got a kick out
of this.  Hope you do too!

Brad

http://www.indeq.com/Crew_scheduling.*mp3*