[Rhodes22-list] Reduce your federal income tax (political humor)

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Mon Jun 26 11:01:19 EDT 2006

Ed,

I assume the Email is about Senate Bill S. 2611(Immigration Reform),
Sarbanes, a Democrat, was a co-sponsor.  But it occurred to me,  which party was the
majority party that got the bill on the Senate calendar,  assembled the votes
and passed it?  I think we know, but you  could find out quickly by talking to
your Senator Lindsay  Graham (Republican from South Carolina), or you could
ask Sen McCain (R-  Az), or you could ask Sen Frist (Republican Senate Majority
Leader) - all  supported and voted for the bill (
_http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=109&session=2&vote=
00157_
(http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=109&session=2&vote=00157) )  .

I am not an advocate for the bill, but I am an advocate for properly
assigning responsibility for whatever brain-dead thing the Congress comes up  with.
There are a whole lot of Republican  (and Democrat) Senators and Congressmen
playing duck-and-cover  when it comes to immigration, or anything else, but the
party in power is  Republican.  If the Republicans (e.g. Frist) had not
supported the  bill, it wouldn't have happened.

Dave