[Rhodes22-list] Reduce your federal income tax (political humor)

Luis Guzman trpclman at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 26 14:05:14 EDT 2006

The last tax season I did some work for H&R Block as spanish/english translator, and we had an overwhelming number of ilegal aliens doing their taxes because of the possibilities of obtaining legal status.

  Most of them were filing for several years, and a few of them had already been filing their taxes every year.

  I can really tell you from the income numbers that I saw that paying a $2000 fine is going to be more than what the majority of them would pay in back taxes. The majority of them are here because they can have a better life here with whatever little they earn.

  Luis

DCLewis1 at aol.com wrote:

Ed,

I assume the Email is about Senate Bill S. 2611(Immigration Reform),
Sarbanes, a Democrat, was a co-sponsor. But it occurred to me, which party was the
majority party that got the bill on the Senate calendar, assembled the votes
and passed it? I think we know, but you could find out quickly by talking to
your Senator Lindsay Graham (Republican from South Carolina), or you could
ask Sen McCain (R- Az), or you could ask Sen Frist (Republican Senate Majority
Leader) - all supported and voted for the bill (
_http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=109&session=2&vote=
00157_
(http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=109&session=2&vote=00157) ) .

I am not an advocate for the bill, but I am an advocate for properly
assigning responsibility for whatever brain-dead thing the Congress comes up with.
There are a whole lot of Republican (and Democrat) Senators and Congressmen
playing duck-and-cover when it comes to immigration, or anything else, but the
party in power is Republican. If the Republicans (e.g. Frist) had not
supported the bill, it wouldn't have happened.

Dave