[Rhodes22-list] Reduce your federal income tax (political humor)

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Wed Jun 28 12:59:37 EDT 2006

Wally,

Around here, if the crews are employed by local businesses and are on
the payroll, they pay taxes.  Failure to do so is is a "Go to Jail"
card, and the local Americans  have too much to lose.  This is probably
what Gregg is looking at in Cincinnati.

The alternative is for the local contractors to hire "Independent
Contractors".  The "Independent Contractors" can easily slide below the
radar screen and pay little payroll taxes, but they better pay Corporate
Income Taxes and Sales Taxes and set up some sort of Payroll or they
will get caught because the local businesses show the payments they are
making.

I speak to the people who work for me, and they tend to be quite
forthcoming.  They tell me their papers are phony, and they tell me that
by law I must accept them.  They are right.  Employers are not allowed
to act as cops.  We are not allowed to discriminate.  We can't determine
which papers are valid and which are not -- especially when the Federal
Government can easily do so, and choses not to.  We set them up on our
payrolls, and we make sure their taxes get paid.

What's more, as everyone trying to hire people to make this economy grow
will tell you, we can't find as good workers, no matter what we're
willing to pay.  And we're not talking about "people willing to do
things no American will do".  We are talking about skilled, high paying
jobs in all fields.

Our kids don't know how to work.  They were born rich compared to the
rest of the world, and they believe they are entitled to stay rich
without ever having to work up a sweat.  One way or another, these
foreigner born people are going to eat our kids' lunch.

Bill Effros