[Rhodes22-list] Reduce your federal income tax (political humor)

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Wed Jun 28 19:00:16 EDT 2006

Bill,

With respect to your earlier post (below),  requiring your parent(s)  be US
citizens if you are going to be a US citizen makes sense to me.  Your  example
from WWII would not be a problem today, your mother, aunts,  grandfathers,
whoever, would be admitted as refugees, you'd be fine.

Regarding your company declining workers you were sure were citizens:  that's
a real puzzle to me.  The people you are sure were citizens didn't  have a
Soc Sec card, drivers lisc, DMV identity badge, or birth  certificate?  Strange.
 Surely they had something to remind them who  they were.  In my experience,
young people in particular always carry some  proof of age and identity so
they can be admitted to bars.

Finally regarding citizens freeloading on the social services system as
opposed to non-citizens.  Ideally, social service systems are sized  and funded to
support a demand that's proportional to the size of the citizenry  that
supports it and which it has to support.  Free loading isn't  encouraged, but it
happens.  If you open up the demand for social services  by increasing the user
base to non-citizens, and there are no additional  payments from the new
prospective user base, the social services  system either becomes non-affordable to
the people that are paying for  it, or the benefits have to decrease.  This
is the core of the  frustration of state and local governments that are
substantially impacted by  illegal immigration - demand for social services has
increased and there are no  new resources.

And to think, this whole thread started as political humor.

Dave