[Rhodes22-list] Reduce your federal income tax (political humor)

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Thu Jun 29 23:02:35 EDT 2006

Dave,

During WWII refugees were not allowed into South America, either.  There
were boatloads full of them that were turned away by one country after
another until finally the Nazis got most of them.

Many black people were turned away by Southern hospitals and there is no
proof of their births anywhere.  You can get a Social Security card
without being a citizen, but it's really tough without a certified birth
certificate.  Illegals can get a drivers license.  Its easy enough to
forge a birth certificate, but it's really really hard to get it
certified if it was never issued in the first place.  Imagine you were
the person certifying citizenship for people who were never issued a
birth certificate.  How would you do it?

I can easily speak for my own situation.  We had hundreds of employees
who were able to provide the paperwork required by the Government.  We
were not permitted to challenge the people, or challenge the paperwork.
We required the paperwork of everyone, not just those who spoke accented
English. We withheld Federal Income Taxes, State Income Taxes, City
Income Taxes, Social Security, Workman's Comp, Disability Insurance, and
there were 2 or 3 more columns of deductions.  We paid minimum wage, and
what was left at the end of the week was pitiful.  But that's all they
got, and the government got most of the rest--for every single one of
them.  Every other employer we knew did the same thing.  We didn't cheat
any government out of a nickel because to do so would have been just
plain stupid.

The underground economy is not confined to illegals, and many pay a huge
amount of taxes in the above ground economy that they can never recover.

Bill Effros