[Rhodes22-list] intro form the guy with the leaky boat, thank for remindi...

Michel Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Sat Mar 11 09:39:22 EST 2006

Rummy is right if it the deck/hull joint, but It did not sound like the
boat has been in that water yet. Water can travel in very strange ways;
I would subjects the hose test. Put someone in the boat with a
flashlight and paper towels, close it up, and starting from the top down
go from fitting to fitting with a garden hose holding it on each
location for about a minute, see what leacks. The chain plates(the
stainless that the stays attach to) and port light are the high odd's,
but you really need to take the time and do it systematic, it could be
coming from any hardware/fastener going thought the deck. The boat is
old enough that the "bedding" has dryied out and cracked on anything and
everything.

-mjm

If