[Rhodes22-list] New member, R22 interest, but very coy

L. Sailor watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 13 06:44:53 EST 2006

HI, Michael,

I mulled over whether to reply to you but as you took
the time to write & appear to be a reasonable fellow,
I thought you deserved the courtesy of a reply.

I appreciate your comments, altho' the bar analogy
brought up no memories, I do have vague recollections
of dancing on a few tables at some owners' Rendezvous
held in the past. Unfortunately, collective memory
tends to become distorted over time, (that fish gets
longer & longer with each telling) and the holders of
those memories tend to become a bit possessive of
them.

I was not playing the 'I have more experience'
game.....just stating a fact...it might be more
correct to say that I spent ten years on the water,
pulling lines,sheets & ropes at the behest of my best
bud.  I do not have the knowledge of many things that
I will need for my future forays, as that info was in
my hubby's head (we were a team & he did the technical
& let me do all the other). He's not with me now, gone
far too soon, and I have 'way much to learn to survive
both on & off the water after almost 40 years with
him. So I am here to learn but not to be bullied.

It is too bad that judgements are made so swiftly
(paranoid, newbie) before getting to know someone
throught their postings. I can see why people would
drop off after being on briefly if their 'welcome' was
similar to mine. I do not believe that I necessrily
got off to a wrong start....I was flamed for not doing
things the way some people want them done.

I have already divulged 'way too much information that
is not germane to my reason for joining the list,
which I have already given in a previous post.

So, for now, I am

la ragazza italiana del marinaio senza una barca, or

Elle

for short.

=== message truncated ===