[Rhodes22-list] Bill's Bahama Trip

Chris Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Wed Mar 15 19:24:01 EST 2006

Dear Bill,
Depth Sounder? Depth Sounder? We don't need no stinkin' depth sounder!  I
didn't have one and just relied on water color and centerboard touch.
However I've got one on my current boat and found it very useful in Baja.
The color reading works great except in early morning or very late afternoon
light (and useless at night).  The sounders are so cheap, easy to install
and very entertaining...gee is that a coral head or treasure chest, I
wonder.

No seeums and mosquetos were not usually a problem if you anchored out a 100
yds and were on the lee of the island with nothing down wind of you.  This
was the case most of the time but a couple cans of deep woods and some
mosquito netting was vital when the bugs ignored logic.

One other thing, Kalik beer is not bad but keeping it cold was mostly
impossible, bummer.

Chris