[Rhodes22-list] Electric Dinghy Motor

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Thu Mar 16 11:26:32 EST 2006

Richard,

I seldom use the electric because I prefer to row, however, sometimes
you have too much stuff, or too many people to be able to efficiently
row a small dinghy.  In those situations I use the electric.

I use a very small battery, because I don't plan to go great distances.
My boat is moored a half-mile from shore.  I can do a half-dozen round
trips on a single charge of a less than 10 pound battery.  I can easily
store the whole shootin' match in my lazarette -- and that's the real
point.  The only real problem is when the motor and spare battery are on
board when I need them on land, and vice versa.

Some years I store it on the boat.  Other years I store it in the
basement.  And somehow it seems always to be in the wrong place when I
need it.

That's life, I suppose.

Bill Effros