[Rhodes22-list] Fenders?

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Thu Mar 23 19:49:32 EST 2006

Folks,

We’re getting ready to actually get our boat, it should happen in about 2
weeks.  It’s going to be tied up at a slip at Harrington Harbour Marina in
Deale Md with a couple of hundred other boats.

Any advice as to how many of what kind of fenders will work in a typical
berthing arrangement?  Dimensions?  Round/Flat?

I checked the achieves and gather Elton had some type of neat fender that
slung over the gunnel, but that was a while ago.  I’ve looked through the  West
Marine stuff and there are Taylor low freeboard fenders and fence saver
fenders that might similar to posters were referring to (i.e. appear to sling  over
the gunnel), but I don’t know.  There are flat fenders and conforming  flat
fenders. And then there are the good old round cylinders.  And all of  the
above in a variety of lengths and thicknesses.

What works?

Dave