[Rhodes22-list] Fenders?

Mary Lou Troy mltroy at verizon.net
Thu Mar 23 21:36:04 EST 2006

Hi Dave,
Are you going to be a Herrington Harbor North? From what I've seen of that
marina, the slips look pretty nice.

We've never had to use fenders in our own slip at Swan Creek. There have
been a few times in transient slips where we've used them. An example would
be the Inner Harbor Marina in Baltimore with its floating docks where you
only tie up on one side. We also use fenders at fuel docks & t-heads and of
course for raft-ups. We've found that the fenders that Elton was selling
are far and away the best. They are the Taylor-Made low freeboard fenders
and are about 23" long and 7" in diameter.

Here's a link to the Taylor-Made page:
http://www.boatcovers.cc/cgi-bin/catalog.pl?item_id=9  They also show up on
p 612 of the 2006 West Marine Catalog. If Elton is still selling them, his
price was a bit better if I recall. I've attached a picture of Fretless
rafted up with a much larger boat. You can just the fender between the two
boats. These work so well that we've given up using almost everything else.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Ft. Washington, PA / Rock Hall, MD (Swan Creek)