[Rhodes22-list] Fenders?

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sun Mar 26 09:26:57 EST 2006

Dave,

The West Marine review must have been written by a competitor.  The 4
packs I bought were in a mesh bag.  You can take them out and look at
them.  You can always return to West Marine if you don't like what you
find inside any package.  They won't stock products that aren't as
advertised.  Mine had no blisters, no defects, and I never bothered to
look at them in the store.

But they didn't stay pristine for long.  Fenders get beat up as soon as
you start to use them.  They are nothing more than thick walled plastic
balloons.  (I don't like the flat ones because they don't have enough
"give".)  The whole point is that they take the shots instead of the
sides of your boat.

I like the cheap ones because it is easy to replace them once they get
too beat up--they don't cost more per square foot than the boat.

Bill Effros